A comprehensive video of the PRX system can be found here: PRX Series Video
A description of the differences between the PRX and PRX SE's can be found here: PRX versus PRX-SE
HPP's unique design started with a blank sheet of paper with the goal of a purpose built hydraulic system specifically designed for the ultimate in sim racing. Nothing beats the feel of a true hydraulic braking system in the world of Sim racing. We integrated the master cylinder with a reverse acting slave cylinder. This avoided the need for any additional fluid lines, as well as providing a very compact footprint in size. Machined out of 6061T6 aluminum, along with the use of only high quality hardware and components ensures HPP’s pedals can take the most rugged use and are of the utmost in high quality. Please note: these pedals are not mass produced, lead times can vary between 1-6 weeks. Also please note there is no free shipping!
The PRX system is very modular and can be set up to be in slanted, forward, vertical, and GT modes. We use Leo Bodnar's high quality circuit board which is self recognized by Windows, no drivers to install. A USB cable is provided.
• The hydraulic brake system is designed specifically for Sim racing. Numerous design attributes have been tested, improved, tweeked and enhanced to provide the ultimate in Sim racing realisim and feel. HPP uses a extreemly high quality pressure transducer, made in the USA, with incredible accuracy, repeatability and durability. The pressure transducer is rated for a 50 million life cycle. Each unit comes with 4 rubber bumpers for fine tuning the brake feel to individual preferences. There is a set of hard bumpers and a set of soft bumpers. In addition to these, the user can fine tune their preference by adjusting the pre-load on the bumpers. The braking threshold and modulation feedback provided to the user via our hydraulic system is outstanding.
• The gas pedal incorporates a true linear potentiometer unlike the common rotary potentiometer or slide potentiometers found on a lot of pedal systems. This provides true positional linearity relative to pedal movement. The end result is a super smooth and accurate gas pedal movement. The gas pedal travel is also adjustable.
• There are 3 distinct “stages” of the clutch pedal travel. The first is slight resistance, somewhat of free pedal travel just like reality, this travel is very small. The 2nd stage is where you feel the increased resistance as if you were actually compressing the pressure plate spring on a clutch. The 3rd stage is when you’ve compressed the pressure plate spring and the resistance “releases” for the rest of the pedal travel.
Each pedal unit is modular and adustable via the adjustment rods. The pedal spacing between all 3 pedal units is adjustable. The rods can simply be removed and not used for complete stand-alone pedal units.
The SE’s have 2 things different than the regular PRX:
a) the pedal arms are fully machined through the entire pedal (hollow) and the pedal pads also have additional machining. You can see this in the youtube video and the picture below.
b) the SE comes as a package deal, you get all of the accessories for less cost than if you purchased them separately. The accessories you get are:
* fully machined pedal arms
* PRX throttle tuning kit
* PRX clutch tuning kit
* PRX adjustable heel rest system
* 2 of the PRX pedal pad stops
* PRX long throttle pad
* PRX wide brake pad
A video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ymHfnVbCXA
The SE's also come with an accesory storage box that includes all of the different adjustment springs, pedal stops and a set of allen wrenches.
The fully adjustable heel rest is also included with the SE version.